Potain has introduced their 10 ton capacity MCR 160 luffing jib tower crane which manufactured in China. MCR 160 is the China version for European MR 160. Although the tower crane is assembled at Zhangjiagang factory in China, it offers the same capacity and performance from the MR 160.
The tower crane can have up to 50 metres main jib and a capacity of 2.4 ton at the end of jib. In addition, there are different configurations that are suitable for internal and external climbing applications. Internal climbing is becoming popular in Asian countries for tall buildings because not only it offers better site coverage and a smaller crane with shorter jib is able to fulfil the criteria.
|Potain MCR 160. Photo from KHL.|
One of the biggest strength for MCR 160 is the possibility to be assembled on 1.6 and 2 metres wide mast sections, which makes it suitable for internal configuration. This provides better flexibility and values to both the suppliers and contractors.
There are three choices of winch available for selection:
- 60 LVF (45 kW, 2.5 ton at 88 m/min) – Standard Equipment
- 75 LVF (55 kW, 2.5 ton at 95 m/min)
- 100 LVF 25 Optima (75 kW, 2.5 ton at 128 m/min)
MCR 160 is the second Potain luffing jib tower crane produced at Manitowoc’s Zhangjiagang facility, joining the MCR 225 A that has been released earlier.
- Syntec Construction has taken delivery of the 1st unit of MCR 160 luffing jib in Thailand. The tower crane is used on the 130 metres tall Rhythm Sukhumvit 36028 residential development in Bangkok which will climbed to a height of 140 metres. The tower crane was sold by Thailand-based Potain dealer, S B Siam Co.
Download Load Chart Below
- First Potain MCR 160 in Thailand. Vertikal.net. 2015-12-11. Retrieved 2015-12-15.