Manufacturer Link-Belt has announced their new lattice boom crawler crane, the 298 Series 2. It is based on the technical specifications of 298 HSL that was introduced in 2007 but features a new boom design.
The new boom allows the working combination boom tip section to remain in place when transitioning from service to luffing mode with a maximum combination of 180ft (55m) of luffing boom and 195ft (59m) of luffing jib.
In order to provide a quick conversion from conventional-style lifting to a luffing configuration, the assembly has been simplified with semi-bore weldments for pin locations, point-to-use storage provisions for all components and stop bolts for quick pin alignment.
*Crane Specifications, Load Charts, and Crane Manuals are for reference only. Contact the crane manufacturer for manuals to operate the crane properly.
- Heavy-duty combination top section for conventional and luffing jib configurations
- Bar pendants
- Boom walkways
- Quiet, smooth running, fuel efficient Cummins QSL9 Tier 4 Final power with 320 hp
- Matching front and rear drums – 35.3 in wide, grooved for 28mm rope
- Optional free-fall
- Optional third drum mounts in boom
- 11-piece modular counterweight system with remote control operated hydraulic removal system
- Standard collapsible upper guard rails
There are no reviews yet.