- Lifting capacity: 330 tonnes @ 14.4 m radius with 36.9 m boom
- Maximum boom length: 92.7 m
- Maximum lift at maximum radius: 20.6 tonnes @ 91.3 m
- Maximum freestanding hook height: 170 m
- Line pull: 55 tonnes, high-speed winch
- Winch speed: 95.5 m/min
- Heaviest component: Machinery deck front piece, including slew drive, pins and handrails 29.4 tonnes
- Tail swing radius: 11.9 m
- Can be statically mounted, rail mounted, or self-climbing
*Crane Specifications, Load Charts, and Crane Manuals are for reference only. Contact the crane manufacturer for manuals to operate the crane properly.
The heavy lift luffer built by Favelle Favco has a 330 tonne capacity at 14.5 m radius and can free stand up to 80 m. On a 4.3 metre-square tower the M2480D needs a ground area of 4 metres-square when erected on starter legs, or about the same area as two family cars parked side by side. The crane can also be set on a grillage or mounted on rails.
Comparing M2480D load charts against large mobile cranes reveals many areas where the big Favco out lifts 600-tonne capacity crawler cranes. These large crawlers can occupy 10 times more ground area than the new heavy-duty tower crane.
With a 55 tonne winch and maximum hook speed of 95 m/min, the M2480D is a fast crane. It can operate safely in wind speeds up to 20 m/sec. That is more than twice the allowable wind speed that large mobile cranes can legally work in. On projects where wind velocity affects the amount of useable crane time, large gains in time productivity are possible by using the giant tower crane.
Products You Might Be Interested
Potain MC 300 C1 K120 out of 5Read more
Yongmao STT2930 out of 5Read more
Wolffkran Wolff 6020.6 clear0 out of 5Read more
Potain MCT 2050 out of 5Read more
Potain MD1750 out of 5Read more
Terex CTL1600-660 out of 5Read more
Wolffkran Wolff 7534.8 clear0 out of 5Read more
Potain MC 1800 out of 5Read more
Yongmao STL1460C0 out of 5Read more
Potain MC 130 K160 out of 5Read more
Krøll K1500L0 out of 5Read more
Potain MC2650 out of 5Read more